Exceptional Children

Hanna Hjalmeby, Director of Exceptional Children


Autumn Best, EC Teacher


Chloe Dean, EC Teacher


Exceptional Children Website

EC Parent Handbook - English

EC Parent Handbook - Spanish

Occupational Course of Study

Longleaf does offer Occupational Course of Study. Please be aware that all Occupational Course of Study classes are provided through North Carolina Virtual Public High School. Parents will be required to sign a statement of understanding for their student to be placed in Occupational Course of Study.

Section 504

The Section 504 part of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act prohibits discrimination against persons with a disability in any program receiving federal funding.  A person with a disability is defined as anyone who:

  • Has a mental or physical impairment(s) which substantially limits one or more major life activities (major life activities include: caring for one’s self, performing manual tasks, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, breathing, learning and working)

  • Has a record of such impairment; or

  • Is regarded as having such impairment.

Parents or guardians who believe their child qualifies for a 504 plan should contact the Director of Exceptional Children.

© 2016 Longleaf School of the Arts. Proudly created with Wix.com